|Photo courtesy Theatricum Vacantloticum|
Herb Vigran’s Theatricum Vacantloticum kicks off its summer season in grand style with a performance of the provocative drama centering on desperate salesmen frantically trying to unload housing in Canoga Park, the explosive Glengarry Glen Roscoe, opening on Saturday, June 7, at 8 p.m., and the return of the company’s signature rendering of The Two Gentlemen of Reseda, with performances beginning Sunday, June 8 at 3:30 p.m.
Herb Vigran’s Theatricum Vacantloticum 2014 Summer Series
• Glengarry Glen Roscoe - Jun 7, 14, 21
• Two Gentlemen of Reseda - June 8, 15, 22; Sept. 7, 14, 21
• Much Ado About Nordhoff - July 5, 12, 19
• Little Dollar Shop of Horrors - July 6, 13, 20
• Children of a Lesser Unified School District - Aug. 2, 9, 16
• Stop the Orange Line, I Want To Get Off - Aug. 3, 10, 17
• Feral CATS - Aug. 23, 30; Sept. 6
• A Funny Thing Happened On The Way To Vallarta - Aug. 24, 31
Theatricum Vacantloticum has been named “One of the 50 Arbitrary Places in Los Angeles on a List We Came Up With” by Hep magazine; “One of Southern California's most bemusing theater experiences” by Dusk magazine; and “Best Theater In The Weeds” by the Winnetka Weekly. Says Northridge magazine, “The acoustics of Theatricum Vacantloticum - an unused lot surrounded on three sides by apartment buildings - rival that of the Hollywood Bowl, except when it’s particularly hot out and that guy in #17 on the second floor of the building to the left has his door open and is blasting Sábado Gigante.”
Herb Vigran’s Theatricum Vacantloticum is located at 7325 Milwood Ave., in Canoga Park’s theater district. Tickets are available online or at the Olan Soule Box Office. Audience members are advised to dress casually (warmly for evenings) and bring blankets for seating and fire ant repellant for repelling of fire ants. Theatricumgoers are welcome to enjoy their own food & forty ounces or refreshments are available for purchase at the Vito Scotti Pushcart.